More In Skin Beauty
Whether you are 55 or just 35, you probably have started seeing aging signs
such as wrinkles on your skin, which no longer keep your age a secret! In that case, the below given ways to reduce wrinkles can do you much help than just the anti-wrinkle face lotions you have been using since ages to see no results at all:
1. According to many studies done by different dermatology departments, skin exposure to the direct sunlight is one of the main reasons for getting wrinkles. In one study, it was found that sun exposure is more effective to the skin than heredity. Siblings, who get more sun exposure, were found to look older than twins who did not get much exposure to sunlight. So, to look young for a longer period of time, it is better to avoid direct exposure to the sun.
2. In case you have some important work and going out in the sun cannot be avoided, then use sunscreen. With sunscreen, you not only protect your skin from getting wrinkles, but also protect yourself from other skin diseases such as skin cancer.
3.Although the results of some researches are still controversial, many studies have confirmed that cigarette smoking can lead to the aging of the skin. Our skin has two important components, elastin and collagen, which can get damaged by an enzyme released by cigarette smoking. In a research on siblings in London, it was found that out of two siblings, one who was more addicted to cigarette had more wrinkled skin than the sibling who did not smoke.
4. Excess cortisol is produced in the body due to inadequate sleep, which in turn, damages the skin cells. The body produces human growth hormones if we sleep well. These hormones help the skin to remain more ‘elastic’, thick, and tight resulting in less wrinkles.
5. It has been found that sleeping every night in particular positions can result in sleep lines. These sleep lines or wrinkles are sure not to disappear once etched into your skin surface. Sleeping face-down can give a furrowed brow while sleeping on the side can increase wrinkles on the chin and cheeks. The best position to avoid wrinkles is sleeping on the back.
6. For reducing wrinkles, it is recommended to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables. The antioxidant properties of fruits and vegetables help fight against damage caused by unstable molecules (free radicals that damage cells). This, in turn, helps your skin look more radiant and younger, and protects it from some photoaging effects.
7. Cold-water fish like salmon are protein-rich and building block of a great skin. It is also a great source of omegas-3, which is an important fatty acid. This essential fatty acid helps nourish your skin and keep it youthful and plump, thereby contributing to the process of reducing wrinkles.
8. Certain facial movements such as squinting overwork the facial muscles, resulting in the formation of a groove below the surface of the skin. The groove eventually turns into a wrinkle. So it is important to resort to eye protecting devices such as sunglasses and reading glasses. This protects the skin around your eyes from any damage caused by stressing the eyes.
9. Cocoa has been found to contain good amounts of catechin and epicatchin (dietary flavanols), which help in protecting the skin against sun damage, affect hydration, improve blood circulation to the skin cells, and make the skin feel and appear smoother.
10. Research shows that soy has certain properties that can help heal or protect part of the photoaging damage caused by exposure to sun. In certain experiments performed to examine the effects of soy-based supplements on skin, it was found that the supplements improve the firmness and structure of skin within as less as six months of use.