More In Skincare
Beauty treatments are not only necessary for keeping us looking fresh and
wonderful but they are also important for self pampering. Which woman does not like to be pampered through beauty treatments? Besides there are men too who enjoys being the metrosexual center of attention in every way.
Whether male or female, taking care of our skin is great. It is one of our major excretory products and we show up and release toxins through our skin pores. The better it is cleansed, pampered and hydrated, the better do we feel inside and out.
We have to understand that the beauty of skin vastly alters the way we look overall. It is not about the color but about the skin health and radiation that really make us stand apart. Our skin is the bearer of our individuality and so it is vital that we keep it looking healthy and vital in every possible way.
Some of the best skin tip ideas will keep us looking graceful and beautiful till old age. No matter what our age is our skin health can actually reduce or break it according to the way it appears. Skin health is vital to looking youthful and fresh. Here are some hot tips that you would love to indulge in while taking care of your skin:
1. Cleansing: Cleansing forms to be one of the basic criteria for skin health. If you are living in a city or a polluted atmosphere, you must understand that cleansing your skin with a mild, SLS free cleanser is really important. Do not use alcohol based products, cleansers or toners. For extremely sensitive skin there can be burns while most skin gets dehydrated quickly on alcohol based products. It is important to have a very mild soap free cleanser to clean it at least twice a day. You can get to buy organic and herbal cleansers or even get to make your own mild scrub or cleanser at home. Oat meal and curd makes for an excellent cleansing pack while almond flour mixed with rose water also makes for a cleansing scrub. These are tiny ideas and things that you can use to get your naturally youthful skin health.
2. Toning: Most of us work in environments that are not really conducive to skin health. AC machines, excessive sun or dust can strip of the natural moisturizers from the skin’s surface. To replenish this we must use a toner after cleansing. This also makes the skin ready to moisturize. For normal skin types lavender water or rose water work as excellent toners while dry skin types can use honey or aloe based toners. Oily skin types benefit from toners with mild astringent properties like witch hazel or neem. Always use alcohol free toners.
3. Moisturizing: The 3rd step of any skin care regime is moisturizing and this when done correctly will totally raise the level of your skin care. There are different kinds of natural and herbal moisturizers and oils. With season one might like to switch from one to another. Winter will always call for oils or oil based moisturizers while summer will definitely feel better with lighter moisturizers. For instance one could go for olive oil or avocado oil when one is feeling dry while aloe vera gel or light herbal moisturizers could just suit one to the extreme in sunny summers. But remember to moisturize your whole body and not just your face. Usually people have oilier facial skin and drier body parts. So if you must use a light gel for your face you can always have oil massages for your body. Oil massages and baths are really the perfect way to relax your tissues and give your skin the glow!
4. Scrubbing: Remember to scrub your skin once or twice a week. Whether it is an oatmeal bath, almond flour and apricot puree scrub or a walnut and sandalwood paste based mix, scrubbing is going to be your best friend when done to the whole body once or twice a week. This really doesn’t take that much time and gives your skin cells the chance to renew themselves. Scrubbing yourself in bath will really give your skin the opportunity to breathe. There are special clays as well as mineral scrubs available these days which really help you to have your circulation going and your skin feeling fantastic and squeaky clean too!
5. Dry Brushing: Investing on a really great quality dry brush gives your skin a whole new lift. If you haven’t tried it you would not know it. Dry brushing is done really gently. Make sure the bristles are made from natural extract and the brush’s handle is long and sturdy enough. A wooden dry brushing handle gives you access to reaching all those areas that you would not have been able to reach otherwise. For instance your back and bum could really benefit from this process. When you do this process once or twice a day in rotational manner, towards the heart, then you really keep the blood flowing through your veins. You will be amazed what a glow you get after a couple of sessions. Do this alone, at bath or in your room and make it a rather gentle and relaxing process. You will be surprised to see that your circulation has increased greatly and your skin is radiant and healthy!